Saturday, March 10, 2012

crayon flowers

<--some that I made

       









                 
                  the process
                          V









Today, I made crayon flowers. I did lots more than the picture shows, but I think that this is enough to make you get the idea. Here's what you need:

plastic mold                                      crayons
oven                                                 wax paper
tray

If the crayons have paper on them, peel it off. Put the mold onto the tray. Then, break or cut the crayons into smaller pieces and put them into the mold. Mix different colors for a marble effect. After you have filled up the mold, pop it into the oven for fifteen minutes. Take them out and let them cool until they are hard and solid, then push them out onto the wax paper. Then you're ready to color!

Other Ideas
Try putting some yellow in the middle of one flower to make it look like an actual flower, or shake some glitter on the bottom of the mold to make the top of the flower sparkly. You can mix more than two colors together for an outrageous design. Remember, you're making the crayons, so you decide!

These are some of my favorites--a St. Patricks Day one, a chocolate one, and an all blue one. I love them!

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Holly! What a cute gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool holly do you ever draw people. I do all the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very cool! I might try it with my grandson. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete