Friday, March 30, 2012

easter tote

Today, I sewed an Easter tote! This was a 2 day project, but it was really fun. Here is what you need:

colored felt                                                              tulle (mine was yellow)
thread/ embroidery floss                                         sewing machine/ needle
scissors

With the scissors, cut 2 identical rectangles, one long skinny rectangle, and one long wide rectangle out of felt. Fold the long skinny rectangle in half the long way and hand stitch the sides together to make a felt tube. This will be the handle.

For my tote, I also cut two rectangles out of tulle to decorate the sides.

I couldn't think of how to explain the instructions using words, so I made a picture.


























I used my mom's sewing machine to stitch all the yellow parts, then I hand sewed the handle on.

Other Ideas
To make your Easter tote a little bit fancier, you can glue on glitter, different fabrics, buttons, or beads.  You could also use embroidery floss to stitch an outrageous design on the side. Make it your own because you're the artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment