Saturday, February 2, 2013

School project 4 quadrant diorama



Hey guys, I wanted to show you an art project that I've been working on for the past few weeks. I did a book report on John Muir, America's first environmentalist, and part of the assignment was to make a pyramid out of paper with four scenes showing four different events in the person's life. The scene at the top shows John's house in Yosemite, the one on the left below that shows John and his little brother David on their roof in scotland, where they grew up. The one next to that shows John and his dog, Stickeen, on a glacier in Alaska, and the one on the bottom shows John and Teddy Roosevelt in Yosemite National park. I would like to thank Sally Medlicott (she created the doll on the right) for a lot of the craft ideas I used in this project, like the way to make the people I used. I also wrote a poem about John Muir, which you can read below. I spent an outrageous amount of time on this project, so I hope you like it! If you want more inspirational craft ideas like this one, keep checking the blog because I've got more!


The Hiker, the Dreamer

by Holly Lynch

The hiker walks through the tall swaying grasses
valleys and forests with trees.
Wherever he walks, whatever he passes,
there is but one thing he sees.
It is the wilderness, wherever he goes, 
he notices things we don't care about.
He dreams about saving everything that grows
and that he will try, he has no doubt.

For he is a dreamer, there is no other word
for a person who hopes only good.
Although some think his inventions are completely absurd
others know that he's misunderstood.
However hard it is to prove that the land
is valuable, he will find the cure
For a sickness that doesn't even appreciate sand
this dreamer, his name is John Muir.





No comments:

Post a Comment